Saturday, August 19, 2017

Lisa Stockdell Featured at FRESH MARKET ART!

Lisa Stockdell was featured at FRESH MARKET ART! on August 19, 2017.  Click the links to enjoy the PHOTOS and en EN PLEIN AIR ARTIST VIDEO.

Artist Statement:

I’ve had a pencil in my hand as far back as I can remember, and a drawing of a horse was usually the outcome.  Growing up, I read every horse book I could get my hands on and was inspired by the beautiful illustrations, especially ones like Walter Farley’s “Black Stallion” series.  I have dabbled in many mediums over the years--oil, acrylic, watercolor, airbrush, etc.  

​However, after studying pastels with Lesley Harrison, an internationally-known pastelist whose work I have admired for years, pastel is my medium of choice.  Lesley has my eternal gratitude for introducing me to this exciting medium that thrills me like no other.  I still enjoy working with graphite pencil, too, because I “cut my artistic teeth” in this medium.  It, like pastel, enables me to achieve all the subtleties needed for a portrait that comes alive!

​Click here to enjoy her art!

No comments:

Post a Comment