Sunday, August 13, 2017

Julie Gribble and Joan Friedman Featured at FRESH MARKET MUSIC & ART!

Julie Gribble and Joan Friedman were featured at FRESH MARKET MUSIC & ART! on August 12, 2017.  Click the links to enjoy the PHOTOS and MUSIC VIDEOS.

Musician Statement:

I started music about 10 years ago while living in Los Angeles. Pursuing acting all my life had been amazing but I needed a break. This 'break' led to pickin up that dusty guitar and spending hours a day just trying to figure it out…chords on napkins, asking a lot of questions, & a lot of long nights researching. I'm not a chick who can be told I can't do something and after a few open mics I got offered my first gig. This gig led to the next year..making a first record, getting signed on a small label, doing my first tour, & working long hours at a coffee shop to pay the bills. Working in that coffee shop early mornings led me to meeting some amazing people as well as opportunities, like meeting my producers, tv hosts Craig Ferguson &Tyra Banks, as well as various film/tv supervisors. Within a few years I went off on my own, started booking tours around the US, was given the opportunity to perform on the Late Late Show w/Craig Ferguson, The Tyra Banks Show, play 250+ dates a year, & made a second record.

​Click here to enjoy her music! 

Artist Statement:

Local Smyrna artist Joan Friedman painted in her head long before putting paint to canvas, longing for the nudge that would make it a reality.  A dozen years of making colorful jewelry was a natural segue to painting, and it was a "love at first sight" type of experience.  An appreciation for various styles grew over the past twenty plus years as she and husband Lee collected original works by local and national artists. After a career in Nursing and raising two sons, Joan and Lee are now raising a Collie and a cat, and she continues to find time to also make jewelry, teach classes in jewelry making, garden, sew and volunteer year round for her favorite charity, Operation Christmas Child. 

​Click here to enjoy her art!​

No comments:

Post a Comment