Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Shellton LaBron Selected to Exhibit at Circle of Fine Art at the Jonquil Festival

Meet artist Shellton LaBron. His art will be on exhibit and sale at the Smyrna Arts & Cultural Council's "Circle of Fine Art at the Jonquil Festival" on October 28/29, 2017.
Artist Statement:
I was born in Statesboro, GA. I am visual artist, artisan, inventor and poet. I would consider my art to be mostly conceptual and innovative with bold colors and stylized renderings. I've lived mostly in the Southeast, including Florida and South Carolina. I matriculated in the early years in Georgia and completed my Bachelor of Science degrees at SC State University. While attending college, I earned two diplomas, one concentrating in Marketing and the other concentrating in Fashion Merchandising. Later when I moved to Atlanta, GA, I completed my Associates of Arts Degree in Fashion Design at Bauder College. There I read, researched and proposed doing more in the field of Fine Art. As a small child I remember questioning my mother on why I could not draw like my brother (or paint as she did), so she said to me, "You won't know until you try." From there my interest sparked, my skills blossomed, and exploration began.
Secondly, though I have taken some Art classes, I would consider myself self-taught. The natural world and surreal imagery, colors, forms and beauty captivate me. I believe that any object or subject can be applied to a surface and used to convey thoughts and imagination. I strongly believe in all types of mediums and experimentation is one of my key strengths. I love to add texture and depth. I try to provoke deep emotions and modes in my work. I cater more to abstract, surreal and conceptual creativity, but not exclusively. I consider art as universal, so I create with the cosmos in mind. I am very keen when it comes to tantalizing and innovative concepts. I want the world and my touch of human ingenuity to portray an unbound and flowing energy in all of us.
I have belonged to several art associations and communities, such as, South Cobb Arts Alliance, RawArtists.org, Chocolate & Art – Atlanta, Atlanta Artists Center – Atlanta, GA, Mano A Mano Art Shows, FineArtAmerica.comArtwanted.com, and RedBubble.com. I am also Vice President of AAFTA for 2017. I have exhibited my work in different venues and an assortment of emerging artist gatherings. I have instructed Art and Design at Bauder College, Atlanta, GA. I desire to eventually get my work published and into high end galleries. I am definitely looking to expose my work to New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago and Miami.
What is ART to Shellton LaBron Tremble? It's POWER. It's PASSION. It's PERPETUITY. I try to merge spiritual thoughts with tangible mediums. ART to me is as infinite as the mind of a youthful toddler. It can be everyday objects or impossible realities.

No comments:

Post a Comment