Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Marise Fransolino Selected to Exhibit at Circle of Fine Art at the Jonquil Festival

Meet artist Marise Fransolino. Her art will be on exhibit and sale at the Smyrna Arts & Cultural Council's "Circle of Fine Art at the Jonquil Festival" on October 28/29, 2017.
Artist Statement:
I was born in Brazil and have been living in the United States since 1983. My life as a ceramist began in 1999, after having finished my first pottery class. I was instantly intrigued by the medium and became fascinated with the process of throwing, glazing, and firing, and happily surprised to see how well my Industrial Design background fit with the ceramic arts.
At the same time, I found that I love teaching the medium, and started my ceramic instructor career teaching kids at a community arts center. Soon after, I started offering workshops and classes for adults as well.
Since I have set up my studio, I have been working full time while building my knowledge at ceramic workshops whenever possible. My passion and dedication to ceramics has taken me on a tireless search for more challenging techniques.
My work is to be used and enjoyed, and hopefully it will bring beauty into peoples lives. As an instructor, I hope to inspire others to love ceramics as much as I do.
Formal Education:
Master of Product Design, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Industrial Design, Universidade Federal do Estado do Paraná, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Bachelor of English, Universidade Cató lica do Paraná, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Ceramic Education:
Potter's Wheel and Hand-building - Spruill Center for the Arts. Atlanta, GA - 1999-2001
Volunteer Ceramic Lab Assistant - Spruill Center for the Arts. Atlanta, GA - 1999-2000
Workshops: Tom Coleman 2004
Linda Arbuckle 2003
Jim Connell 2003
Michael Simon 2002
Gay Smith 2001
Don Davis 2000
Robin Hopper 2000
Ron Meyers & Don Penny 2003
Anagama with Rick Berman 2002
Speed Salt Firing with Mike Garnes 2001
Mark Derby 2001
Raku with Rick Berman 2001
Exhibits:
21st Annual National Arts Program - City Gallery East - Third Place Recipient in Professional Category, Atlanta, GA - 2007/2008
Tradition & Transformation - An Invitational Exhibit of Contemporary Ceramic Art, Chastain Arts Center- Atlanta, GA - 2007
Brazilian Color/Form and Flavor - two man show - The Art Place - Marietta, GA - 2006
Seis Visiones Latino Americanas - Roswell Visual Arts Center - Roswell, GA - 2004
National Teapot Exhibition and Sale Teapots-A-Go-Go 2 - Atlanta, GA - 2004
Expressions 2000 - Spruill Center for the Arts - Atlanta, GA - 2000
Juried Shows & Awards:
Sundestin ArtQuest / Received Best of Show Award - Sandestin, FL - May 2008
Destin Arts Festival / Receive a Jury's Recognition's Award - Destin, FL - October 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment