Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Jennifer Felder Selected to Exhibit at Circle of Fine Art at the Jonquil Festival

Meet artist Jennifer Felder. Her art will be on exhibit and sale at the Smyrna Arts & Cultural Council's "Circle of Fine Art at the Jonquil Festival" on October 28/29, 2017.
Artist Statement:
My name is Jennifer Felder and like many artists, art is my outlet. In my earlier years, I expressed myself through dance- the art of movement. Now my expressions emerge in forms of photography , painting, alcohol inks, collage, mixed media, and encaustic painting. Art also provides me the opportunity to unwind and to attempt to relinquish the need for structure or control. When painting , I tend to gravitate to textures and more abstract works. I haven’t quite determined which medium is my favorite, but I plan on enjoying my journey while exploring them all. I had the wonderful opportunity to have 2 pieces of art selected and displayed at the NOVAS [National Open Visual Arts Show] 2016 exhibit.
I was born in Pittsburgh, PA (Go STEELERS!!) , grew up in Newburgh, IN, and now reside in Dallas, GA. I met my incredibly supportive husband, Vincent, in college at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville and have 3 wonderful children: Vashtia, Kiyoko, and Dimitri.
2016 - NOVAS [National Open Visual Arts Show] 2016 exhibit - Title: Drifts - Title: Geisha’s Dream
2016- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts' Annual Gala -Untitled Alcohol Ink artwork – donation for silent auction & acquired
2017 - NOVAS [National Open Visual Arts Show] 2017 exhibit -Title: Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment