Saturday, June 10, 2017

David Patterson, Ballad Brian and Amanda Foss Featured at FRESH MARKET MUSIC & ART!

David Patterson (center), Ballad Brian (left) and Amanda Foss were featured at FRESH MARKET MUSIC & ART! on June 10, 2017.  Click the links to enjoy the PHOTOS, MUSIC VIDEOS and an ARTIST STATEMENT VIDEO.

FRESH MARKET MUSIC and ART! is presented by Smyrna Arts & Cultural Council with financial support provided by Keep Smyrna Beautiful. It is held at the Smyrna Fresh Produce Market every Saturday morning from 8:00 am to noon from May 6 to September 30, 2017. 

Musician Statements:

David “D.B.” Patterson is a songwriter who originally hails from the Midwest. He first started playing the guitar when he was about twenty, while serving in the USAF. After his four years of service were up, he attended U.W. Madison where he pursued a dual major in Art and Communication Arts. It was there he learned to play blues harmonica, and he and some friends formed a band called the Dharma Bums, which was the name of a Jack Kerouac novel. They played mostly covers, but the set list also included a few songs David wrote. When the band broke up and he and his friends went their separate ways, David remained interested in music, but it took a back seat to practical matters. David moved to Georgia in 1990. In 2010, David joined a local songwriters group which inspired him to once again focus on music. Since then he has completed three albums. His latest album is entitled “No Place Cool”.  David’s musical influences include a combination of classic rock, folk and blues with a dash of country.

​Click here to enjoy his music.

Peace, Love, & Folk Music… Ballad Brian is a folk singer/songwriter who believes that the messages of the Hippies written years ago are still valid and need to be built upon today. Brian is inspired by the legends: Woodie Guthrie, Arlo Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Paul Simon, and many more. Brian has performed at the Mableton Food Truck event as well as performed for many of the South Cobb Arts Alliance events at the Mable House.

Click here to follow Brian and enjoy his music on Facebook.

Artist Statement:

Painting is a very personal experience for me because it's my way of expressing and sharing the stories that I tend to keep hidden in the deepest parts of my mind. As a child I would lose myself for hours in this or that Fantasy novel, pouring over tales like "Watership Down", "The Jungle Book" or "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". When I wasn't reading, I was making up stories of my own... writing them down, or drawing them out on paper... dreaming up what the places and characters looked like and how they made me feel. Some haunt me still, and beg to be released even as new images form in my mind.
 
Some of my paintings come from dreams (sometimes even nightmares), but many begin by unlocking that dusty vault in my mind and unwrapping a story, once imagined by a child. I think of my paintings as pages from a storybook. If you open the book to the middle and begin reading, without knowing the beginning or end, this would be where you are... a snapshot in time. I want my work to evoke a curious sense of wonder and strange familiarity in the viewer... the notion that there is a wondrous story behind it all, and the anticipation of more yet to come.”

​Click here to enjoy her art!

No comments:

Post a Comment